- How much damage did the Melissa virus do?
- Which is the most damaging virus in the world?
- What does I Love You virus do?
- What does the Conficker virus do?
- Who is the creator of I Love You virus?
- What is most expensive virus in the world?
- Which virus is most expensive virus in the world?
- What are the effect of Melissa virus?
- How long did the Melissa virus last?
- How fast did the Melissa virus spread?
- What is the most dangerous computer virus and why?
- How many computers were affected by the Melissa virus?
How much damage did the Melissa virus do?
In a cooperating federal plea agreement Smith acknowledged that the Melissa virus caused more than $80 million in damage by disrupting personal computers and computer networks in business and government..
Which is the most damaging virus in the world?
1. ILOVEYOU. ILOVEYOU is considered one of the most virulent computer virus ever created. It managed to wreck havoc on computer systems all over the world with around $10 billion worth of damages.
What does I Love You virus do?
The ILOVEYOU virus comes in an e-mail note with “I LOVE YOU” in the subject line and contains an attachment that, when opened, results in the message being re-sent to everyone in the recipient’s Microsoft Outlook address book and, perhaps more seriously, the loss of every JPEG, MP3, and certain other files on the …
What does the Conficker virus do?
Once Conficker infects a computer, it disables many security features and automatic backup settings, deletes restore points and opens connections to receive instructions from a remote computer. Once the first computer is configured, Conficker uses it to gain access to the rest of the network.
Who is the creator of I Love You virus?
Onel De GuzmanCreation. ILOVEYOU was created by Onel De Guzman, a college student in Manila, Philippines, who was 24 years old at the time.
What is most expensive virus in the world?
The term “malware” applies to viruses, worms, trojan horses, and spyware. The most expensive malware infection to date was the MyDoom worm, which resulted in roughly $38 billion of total damage.
Which virus is most expensive virus in the world?
External linksMyDoom and DDoS Attacks.”Email-Worm. Win32. … SCO Offers Reward for Arrest and Conviction of Mydoom Virus Author – SCO press release, 27 January 2004. … “Mydoom”. … “Win32. … Information about the Mydoom worm from Symantec.com.”Computer Virus That Caused $50 Billion Damage”.
What are the effect of Melissa virus?
A has the following effects: It goes memory resident. It disables the Word antivirus protection for documents with macros. As a result, Word does not ask the user’s confirmation to enable or disable macros included in documents, when these are opened.
How long did the Melissa virus last?
On December 10, 1999, Smith pleaded guilty to releasing the virus. On May 1, 2002 he was sentenced to 20 months in federal prison and fined US$5,000….Melissa (computer virus)Common nameMelissaTypeMacro virusAuthor(s)David L. SmithOperating system(s) affectedWindows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP1 more row
How fast did the Melissa virus spread?
Approximately one million email accounts were disrupted, and Internet traffic in some locations slowed to a crawl. Within a few days, cybersecurity experts had mostly contained the spread of the virus and restored the functionality of their networks, although it took some time to remove the infections entirely.
What is the most dangerous computer virus and why?
1. Mydoom – $38 billion. The worst computer virus outbreak in history, Mydoom caused estimated damage of $38 billion in 2004, but its inflation-adjusted cost is actually $52.2 billion. Also known as Novarg, this malware is technically a “worm,” spread by mass emailing.
How many computers were affected by the Melissa virus?
The New York Times reported in March 1999 that 250 organizations had called the Computer Emergency Response Team, a Pentagon-financed security service at Carnegie Mellon University, which meant that at least 100,000 workplace computers were affected.